Jobs - Main Page
Jobs - View All
Jobs - Most Recent
Jobs - By Title
Jobs - By Location
Jobs - By Title Location
Jobs - By Category
Job Title Location
Physician - Breast Surgery
12/19/2016 6:12:00 AM
Breast Center Medical Director - Philadelphia Suburbs
Bryn Mawr Hospital, a Main Line Health System hospital, seeks an experienced Breast Surgeon to serve as Medical Director for its nationally recognized, innovative, and leading-edge Comprehensive Breast Center. The Center is state-of-the art with 3D tomographic mammography, US, and MRI with stereotactic, US- and MRI–guided biopsy capability, nurse navigators, genetics counseling, social work and integrative medicine specialists. Breast imaging is supported by fellowship trained breast radiologists who are fully integrated with 3 breast surgical specialists within the Center.
* Serve as the Medical Director of the Barbara Brodsky Comprehensive Breast Center, a NAPBC, CoC and Joint Commission-accredited center, and satellite programs.
* Lead the breast cancer team: Cancer patients receive coordinated multi-specialty treatment planning, with dedicated breast radiologists and pathologists, surgical oncologists and plastic and reconstructive surgeons as well as specialists in medical and radiation oncology.
* Continue the tradition of innovation and quality in breast cancer care, research and teaching.
* Create a vision of system integration for breast care within the four Main Line Health hospitals and develop pathways for cost-effective, optimal breast cancer care.
* Serve as the Program Director of the SSO accredited Breast Oncology Fellowship with two fellows per year.
* Clinical and didactic teaching of breast oncology fellows, general surgery residents, and medical students, with academic affiliation with Sidney Kimmel Medical School of Thomas Jefferson University.
* Participation in the Philadelphia Breast Cancer Consortium (involving all the major medical centers in the metro area), Main Line Health Breast Partnership.
* Community outreach lectures and panels.
* Deliver innovative surgical care of breast cancer and diseases of the breast.
* Radioactive seed and SCOUT localization technology.
* Intraoperative Kubtec specimen imaging.
* LDEX tissue impedance surveillance for lymphedema risk.
* Expand satellite and Breast cancer high risk assessment clinic.
* Office US for diagnostic and image guided procedures.
* Direct clinical research team.
* Research RN (CRC), data manager, two breast fellows, RN navigators, IRB liaison, and clinical research faculty.
* Integrated cooperative group trials via NCORP grant with on-site certified clinical research nurse and clinical research coordinator.
* Direct clinical and translational research program of the Breast Oncology Fellows, traditionally presenting several projects per year at national association meetings.
* Research support available by competitive grants from Sharpe-Strumia Research Foundation with an excellent record of successful applications.
Main Line Health is an integrated, four hospital system with a large network of premier physicians and surgeons who provide outstanding and comprehensive care throughout suburban Philadelphia and its 1.8 million residents. Over 750 breast cancer patients were treated at Main Line Health in 2015, with 295 patients treated at Bryn Mawr Hospital.
* Whether you live on the Main Line or in one of the several beautiful counties just outside of Philadelphia, you will find outstanding public and private schools, beautiful homes, historic landmarks and sites, and an abundance of social and recreational amenities.
* Enjoy fabulous restaurants and shopping in Philadelphia and throughout the area
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Radnor, PA - Pennsylvania 19087
© 2016 CEJKA SEARCH |
View all Jobs
View all Locations